Lamictal for mood disorder

Home Forums Achieving Pregnancy Medication Lamictal for mood disorder

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  angpuppy 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
January 27, 2013 at 10:16 pm #201

sspringer88

I take Lamictal for bipolar and have been advise to not take it while pregnant by my doctors since I am pregnant. I am fine with this, however, they are advising I go back on immediately after giving birth. Unfortunately, I was toldnt to breast feed while on this drug. I really want to breast feed I’m interested to know if anyone has suggestions about alternative medications I could take or any other solution to help me stay stable and breast feed safely.

February 7, 2013 at 1:17 pm #204

skoczylas

Have you asked your doctor about other options for medications? Also, you could speak with a pediatrician (if you haven’t already) or lactation consultant to get another opinion about the safety of breastfeeding while taking lamictal.

March 1, 2013 at 6:31 pm #213

angpuppy

Your main concern would be the drug passing into the breast milk. How are your symptoms during your pregnancy?
If they are concerned of your risk of postpartum depression added to the bipolar, you might want to consider encapsulating the placenta and consuming it. http://placentabenefits.info/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.