Alternatives to the pill when it's prescribed to regulate heavy, constant bleedi

Home Forums Avoiding Pregnancy Avoiding consequences of contraceptives Alternatives to the pill when it's prescribed to regulate heavy, constant bleedi

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  angpuppy1 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
January 25, 2013 at 2:12 am #199

apocta

Is NFP compatible with managing a constant, heavy bleeding problem?

January 28, 2013 at 3:57 am #202

wmckevitt

I’m no expert but I would say it is because its the mucus that’s the most important sign so as long a you were still checking for the mucus and paying close attention to detail I would think it would still work. I know personally I have bleeding days with mucus where we have to be aware that we are fertile and then many time where I’m not. I would do an ask the doctor question on that though for specifics because I imagine you would have special rules to follow! I know that I’ve had to take certain hormones at time to balance things out you may want to look into checking to see if you simply just need to take something along those lines I help balance hormones and that alone may be a fix o this issue. I believe the pill only hides problems rather than find out what’s really wrong… Look into the Creighton Model its pretty awesome at finding the true problem and wih most people I have talked to they have been able to correct things by simply balancing out their hormones.

August 6, 2014 at 6:41 am #464

angpuppy1

Most medical practices will simply put you on the pill for any cycle irregularity. The only doctors I know who treat in any other way are those trained by the Pope Paul IV institute. It’s not an exhaustive list. My doctor is not listed on there, but fertilitycare.org has a listing of such doctors by region.

In addition to that site about Naprotechnology, this secular site also has some useful information: http://natural-fertility-info.com/natural-menstrual-health.html. The site is for women trying to get pregnant, but regardless of intentions, the info is great. Dr. Lee’s book on “Hormonal Balance made simple” is also useful. They reference him a lot on natural fertility info. I do disagree with him in some areas areas. For instance, he was big on using the calendar method of NFP to time hormone replacement therapy. This means you always presume the lutael phase is 14 days when in fact low progesterone levels can shorten it. But the book gives a lot of great info about why you would want to strive to have as healthy of a cycle as possible. The hormonal cycle women go through effects more far more than fertility and can have long term health consequences if completely ignored.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.